Have you ever heard of Civil Code Section 1189? It’s a tedious piece of legislation, but it has some… interesting uses. Let’s learn the 7 Unexpected Uses for California Civil Code Section 1189s.
1. Show a client the civil code section 1189s:
The code about notary acknowledgment, which you can use to show your clients that you’re serious about acting in their best interests.
2. Show a lawyer the civil code section 1189s:
The code about notary acknowledgment, which they might have never heard of before, will definitely be impressed by your knowledge of it.
3. Study the civil code section 1189s:
The code is about notary acknowledgment. You can impress yourself with your knowledge of the law! This law is included in our approved course of study for California.
4. Teach others about the civil code section 1189s:
The code about notary acknowledgment, so that they can impress their lawyers with their knowledge of this important law!
5. Take a selfie with the Civil Code section on display in the background, so everyone knows how cool you are for using it (and then post it on social media with #civilcodeforlife).
6. Use it to not obtain a penalty of ten thousand dollars ($10,000)
Willfully stating as true any material fact that he or she knows to be false shall be subject to a civil penalty not exceeding ten thousand dollars ($10,000)
7. Use it to remember requirements on documents to be filed in another state or jurisdiction of the United States.